Sunday, December 29, 2019

How To Prepare FWC For Ice And Snow

We have a winter storm warning for snow and prolonged ice storm Monday.  The surface map below shows the center highlands of Massachusetts, where I live, having ice in the early hours of Monday, and possibly lasting through the day.



With my goal to leave later this week, I have prepared the FWC camper to prevent ice and snow from building up on top.  Freezing rain in Central MA is no joke after 2008 and being out of power for a week from so many trees and limbs take the wires down.  I’m hoping for no power interruption with this storm.



When I go to leave, I may have snow and ice on my camper that would not be easy to get off.  The last thing I want happening is for the ice to fly off when I’m driving and hit someone or their car.

The tarp will allow me to easily remove any buildup on the camper.  The camper itself will have no problem with the snow or ice other than weight to lift the roof, but that’s not my concern.

Yes I haven’t yet tied the tarp down in the back as I’m enjoying another mice day to pack and organize the camper before the bad weather arrives.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment