Saturday, November 14, 2015

RTR - Rubber Tramp Rondevious

(Photo from http://www.cheaprvliving.com/gatherings/)

The generic name for living in a van, camper, car, or other converted vehicle is Vandwelling.

Each January there is an impromptu gathering of like minded people in Quartzsite, AZ.  (See web link under photo)

My last two years of travel took me to the southwest leaving mid January and driving my mother to FLorida and leaving her with her mother.  I enjoyed this trip and visit to Florida and meeting Cuz Dick who hosts the Southeast RTR, but missed the southwest RTR hosted by Bob Wells, who is renowned for his efforts in helping all with Vandwelling.  His website Cheaprvliving.com and related blogs is s wealth of information for anyone looking to vandwell part time or full time.

My departure is set for Monday 1/4/16 and travel without delay to AZ to first visit some friends in Tucson before heading over to the RTR in Quartzsite.

I will arrive a few days after its official start but will plan to be there until it it finishes on 1/19.  I met Bob and a couple others  after the RTR last year in nearby Ehernberg, AZ on BLM land.

At this southwestern RTR there are seminars where you can learn about how to do just about anything with your vehicle.  There are also many other groups in Quartzsite at this time we'll into February.

My goal is to stay with the Vandwellers and socialize with them but also check out other groups that my be close by.  

Since cell service has been good in Quartsite during my past visits I plan on blogging each day.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment