Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Sunrises & Sunsets - Page, AZ

I don’t go looking for pleasant sunrises or fabulous sunsets.  They just fall at my feet here in the west.  Of course not every day leaves you in wonder over what you just saw, but you can’t beat it.

I’ve been on the border of Arizona and Utah in the Page, AZ area for the last couple of weeks having a great time in moderate, but a bit cooler than I like.  I move on to southeastern UT to explore next, and figured I would leave you with a few pictures of my sunrises and sunsets.



Here I am at my campsite, up to see the first light on my camper and hills behind.  Sun is shining under the mostly overcast sky.



Above is sunset looking east at the Mesa off in the distance.  I think this would make a great 1000 piece puzzle with the wonderful pink to purple sky.



Above is another sunset catching a stripe of sun across my friend’s camper.



Another sunset catching a passing shower, with rain called Verga.  I enjoy weather events and forecasting based on weather models and radar.  The back light with the streaking makes the picture more multi demential.

Here is the Google search definition of Verga

“In meteorology, a virga is an observable streak or shaft of precipitation falling from a cloud that evaporates or sublimates before reaching the ground. A shaft of precipitation that does not evaporate before reaching the ground is a precipitation shaft.”

Nature is wonderful.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment