Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Prius Headlight Lenses Need Polishing Again

Yes, I still have and travel in my 2011 Prius from time to time.  I was coming home the other night and I had to put the high beams on to see the road better.

The next day I checked and the headlight lenses had fogged over again.


I pulled out the the headlight lens restorer that I still had from last time and decide to restore again.



Above I polished the passenger side and if you zoom in you will see the difference with the drivers side.  What I did different this time was to polished with a polishing pad I got from Amazon that goes in my cordless drill.  I put the compound on the pad and swirled it around with the drill.

With the kit in hand it took about a half hour to get clear lenses again.  Even without using the drill it doesn’t take long to see the results.

In the past I had thought of replacing the lenses but it is involved and basically a lot of work.  This is fast and easy and much less costly.



Above is the finished results and I can see the road so much better again.  Ready now for some sometime travels.

Brent

MacAloney@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment