Wednesday, August 3, 2022

FWC Trim Screws Replacement


The above picture shows the finished work of replacing the rear bottom trim screws on my 2011 Four Wheel Camper (FWC)

The problem was I was seeing the screws starting to rust,  so I ordered up some replacement #8 xx 3/4” white head screws.

Then I took the existing screws out and this is what o found.



I could see that they were rusted to the point that in sone cases the threads were missing.  I tried the new #8 screws and found that the corrosion had decayed the hole opening to the point the threads on the new screws would not grab.  So I then ordered up #10 x 3/4” white head screws and they grabbed.  

I put a dab of my go to 3M white marine adhesive so the screw heads would seal and keep our future moisture.


Above is the original screw and the new screw I used to replace them.  

If you see rust I would not put fixing as I did.  In fact I should have done this a couple years ago.  I have not found this problem anywhere else on the camper and don’t know if my winter travels to the southwest contributed to the problem from salted roads.  

Both screws sizes are available on Amazon 

Safe travels,

Brent

MacAloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment