Thursday, March 12, 2020

Planning Not To Get Stuck In Mud In UT




See the area behind the stuck truck?

Well, I was camping there the night before.  Then I saw it was going to rain and made the decision to get closer to the good road on higher ground.

Here in Utah, dirt roads over time get worn down below the grade on either side and are susceptible to water collection when it rains, as there are no drainage ditches.



4x4 truck didn’t make it up the road the morning after the rain.  See the front wherl costed in clay mud.  There was no traction once the tire was coated.



The rear dualies don’t have costed mud. UT had insufficient traction to get the truck through the mud.



The driver from Saskatchewan that had towed his 5th wheeler down the road last evening, was helped by a Texan in another pickup truck with a tow strap.



I found the above poster in the BLM office men’s room.  I’m guessing that more than a few vehicles have gotten stuck.  To include the warming in many languages, many visitors from other countries get stuck too.

Lesson to all that boondock.  When planning a place to park either be on high hard ground if you need to get out or plan to sit until roads dry enough to drive out.

In my 7 years of doing this I go to places where I can get out when the UT dirt roads turn to mud.

Brent

macaloney@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment